Thursday, March 1, 2012

Historical Fiction Writing -

Only God
can bring a soul to rest
Thank you for stopping by my blog. 

I am happy to say that my second novel is ready for pre-release sale at http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781618623294  I hope you will find the story interesting and entertaining as two women connected by a tenuous blood line take their life's journey in very different times on earth.  Not much is known about the lost Minoan culture that ended nearly a milenia and a half before Christ walked the earth which allows a more poetic license. 

I have always enjoyed history and discovered writing fiction around it is even more enjoyable. They All Fall Down, my first novel, is also historical fiction but demanded history be followed closely since it takes place in the early years of WWII when diplomacy failed and war erupted across the globe.

Keeping in mind that history is a window to the future allows characters to participate in the current events striving to bring about the outcomes of current time.  Natural disasters, wars, life changes and death can bring out the best or the worst in people.  Using these events help to build the characters' personalities when the stories unfold and their lives take on meaning as they thread their way through the pages of a novel.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon. Thanks for sharing. Like to share back? You can find me on http://www.thefatandtheskinnyonwellness.com/ Please join my blog. I do have others. Would join yours but you don't have a way to follow. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I belive I've added the necessary buttons to be able to follow the blog now. Will look at yours and follow

      Delete
  2. One other comment before I forget. I do think that you have really hit the points when you underscore that writing a book and marketing the book, I don't care even if one is a famous author, is a great part of the process. Michael Lewis is constantly going on speaking engagements and they made his book Moneyball into a film. But I saw him a few years ago speaking at a conference, so thanks for the reminder that the writing/finishing the book is the first part of the entire process.

    ReplyDelete